Radar Observer Recertification
The goals of this class are for the student to demonstrate their knowledge of radar plotting through practical exercises using simulators and examinations. Students will be required to show the following as per 46 CFR 11.480(d) for an endorsement as Radar Observer (Unlimited) and of 46 CFR 11.309(a)(4)(ii); 11.317(a)(3)(vi); 11.319(a)(4)(ii); and 11.321(a)(3)(vi) for STCW endorsements.:
(1) Radar navigation – determining the position and direction of movements of a vessel.
(2) Collision-avoidance, including visual techniques, appropriate to the circumstances and the equipment in use.
(3) Determining the course and speed of another vessel.
(4) Determining the time and distance of closest point of approach of a crossing, meeting, overtaking, or overtaken vessel.
(5) Detecting changes of course and/or speed of another vessel after its initial course and speed have been established.
(6) Factors to consider when determining changes of course and/or speed of a vessel to, on the basis of radar observation, prevent collisions with other vessels.
The course will satisfy
Any applicant who successfully completes our Radar Observer Recertification (SUNYDP-402) course will satisfy the training requirements of 46 CFR 11.480(f) for maintaining the validity of an endorsement as Radar Observer.
This course is intended to fulfill the renewal requirements for Radar Observer (Unlimited) certification as required by 46 CFR 11.480(f) for maintaining the validity of an endorsement as Radar Observer.
This course is open to all students who are currently qualified as a Radar Observer (Unlimited) qualified. This course is a Radar Observer Recertification.
May 21st, 2020
Thu - Fri from 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
Professional Education Training
6 Pennyfeild Ave
Throggs Neck, NY 10465 Get directions
Room: Fort L-203